Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

These are good...honestly! At first glance, the thought of cottage cheese invading my pancakes, I kind of gagged, but thought well I'll give it a try...and I'm glad I did! The cottage cheese melts and provides a wonderful texture and flavour. This recipe is originally from Weelicious, but I have modified it. I'm sure the recipe worked well for her, but for me it turned out like fried eggs with cottage cheese in it :( A couple of modifications later and here we are :) Cottage cheese is full of protein and that's what makes these pancakes great for kids who don't really like to eat much meat (aka my 2 year old!). Normally the rule in our house is everyone eats the same, but if we are eating something I know he can't chew etc. I make up some of these (or take some out of the freezer) and he gets to have a pretty good meal...and one that he enjoys!

Ingredients
3 Eggs
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp. Honey
1/8 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt

Mix the first 5 ingredients together first, then add the next 3 ingredients. If you batter seems too thick (as it can get if left in the fridge), then just add a little more milk.
Heat frying pan over low heat - medium heat (these can overcook quickly), and lightly coat with oil or butter. Depending on the size of pancake you want, pour 1 Tbsp. - 1/4 Cup of batter for each pancake. 
Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden.

To freeze, let cool  completely and place in a freezer bag/container. They reheat wonderfully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!