Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fruit Snacks

It's hard to find snacks that don't contain a myriad of things we can't pronounce and have no idea what they are. I have been trying to find substitutes for anything that contains Corn Syrup or HFCS or other random ingredients. I always bought the big boxes of Welch's Fruit Snacks at Costco, until I read the label and realized they contain corn syrup and gelatin (their gelatin is pork based - nothing against pork but in my fruit snacks...really?) and they contain food dye. After a thorough hunt in the store, I came across these. They come in a couple of different flavours and are really yummy. I miss the large boxes of Welch's I was buying, and these don't really compare in cost, but they are handy to have in the diaper bag ready for an emergency snack! I don't use them on a regular basis, as I prefer snacks that don't come out of packages while we are at home, but at least when I need them I know what is in them, and I don't feel bad about letting my kids eat them :)

Welch's Fruit Snacks
Welch's Fruit Snacks - From the Welch's site


SunRype FunBites
The other flavours are the same ingredients, just different fruits/vegetables.

Sun Rype Fun Bites - From the Sun Rype site


Ingredients
Apple &/or pear & raspberry puree concentrates, apple &/or grape &/or pear juice concentrate, citrus pectin, elderberry juice concentrate, natural flavour, lemon juice concentrate, apple powder.

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy that they put elderberry juice concentrate in them!!
    Elderberry juice concentrate is a SICK immune booster! (pun intended ;)) It helps to strengthen your immune system, and when taken daily, can often keep those sick bugs at bay. We only use it when I know that the kids' friends are sick, or if we are feeling under the weather, as a way to help keep our immunity strong. It's expensive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup we use it too :) Especially while I was pregnant I went through it like crazy! Thankfully I managed to get it all half price :D I was pretty happy to see it in the FunBites too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!