Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Creamy Rice Pudding

I have never liked rice pudding...until now! Once again, Weelicious to the rescue! This is so creamy and so yummy and yet so healthy! I made it last night for a late night snack and I even let my 2 year old have it for breakfast :) I think it will become a regular around here. I looked up several other recipes before deciding on this one, and they all included at least 1/3 of a cup of sugar...not exactly great. What I love about this recipe is that it's so creamy that you don't even miss all that sweetness!

Ingredients
3 1/2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Rice
1/2 Vanilla Bean or 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp. Honey


In a pot, bring the rice and milk to a boil. Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape both sides with the edge of a knife to remove the vanilla seeds. Place the seeds and the vanilla bean in the pot with the milk and rice. If you are using extract add it at the very end of the cooking time. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the honey and stir to combine. Remove the vanilla bean casing and serve warm or chilled. And of course raisins mixed in make everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!