Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waffles

These are wonderful! I make a big batch and I freeze them and use them as 'Eggos'. Use directly from frozen or let thaw on the counter. If frozen they usually need twice through the toaster or 15 seconds in the microwave and once through the toaster.
Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Oats
2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Sugar
Dried Fruit Powder (Optional)

Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients (and fruit powder if using). In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients, and mix until smooth.
Stir the wet into the dry just until mixed. Don't overmix!
Cook in your waffle iron.

**If you want these as pancakes instead, leave out 1/2 cup of flour**

I get dried fruit powder from Just Tomatoes. I love their products! They don't add anything to their dried fruits, vegetables or powders. My 2 year old loves to snack on dried fruit, especially in the winter when fruit selection is limited at the store. I love to keep the powders on hand for mixing in with smoothies, pancakes, waffles and muffins. The dried fruit is also great for baking with. I haven't tried any of the dried vegetables yet, but I'm assuming they would be just as good as the fruit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!