Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Korean Beef

Ahhh! Is it already the end of August? Where oh where did summer go? I feel slightly like a chicken with no head this year. Everytime I sit down to do something on the computer I get distracted by my school timetable and feel the need to pick up my textbook instead of blogging/emailing etc. 
Last summer our meals consisted of a lot of hamburgers and hot dogs. This year buns (or any bread items) are such a premium item around here that we have strayed from that. I have had to find a few other meals that are quick, easy and don't need the oven turned on! 
I came across this recipe on the blog LizzieWrites, and have made it numerous time throughout the last few months. Hubby loves it, the kids gobble it up and it makes the house smell fantastic!! From start to finish this recipe takes approx. 20-30 minutes (and most of that time is waiting for the rice to cook!). All I've changed are some quantities because I found her sauce didn't make enough to decently simmer the meat in.
I've made this so many times and I keep forgetting to take a picture. One day I will learn, one day!

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef,
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce (I use a GF one)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ginger (1 tsp if using fresh ginger minced)
1 tsp crushed red peppers (or more if you want it spicier!)
1 Bunch green onions, diced (optional)
Rice, cooked as directed..

Brown ground beef with garlic. Mix brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and red peppers in a bowl. Add to cooked ground beef. Simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavours. Serve over hot rice. Top with diced green onions if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!