Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Onion Rings

Mmmm so good!
I love a crispy onion ring with just the right amount of batter and these are, in my opinion, perfect!!

Ingredients
1 Large Onion
1 Cup Flour
1 Egg
1 Cup Cold Water
Oil, For Frying

Preheat oil to 375 F.
Peel and then slice onion into rings.
Mix together flour egg and water.
Dip slices in the batter and place into hot oil. I use a fork to drop them in because the oil tends to spatter a lot with this recipe...a lesson learned after a few small but painful burns!
Fry until golden brown.
Flip at least once during frying. Be careful they can go from not quite done to burned very quickly!
Put on paper towels to drain and keep warm until they are all done cooking.

These are great weekend movie watching food or lately I have been making a half batch to put on our hamburgers!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!