Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Super Easy Lasagna

Mmmm Yummy!




This is my friend Jen's recipe, and as soon as I tasted it (and saw how easy it was to make), I knew I had to have the recipe! Thanks Jen, this is definitely going into our regular rotation of meals!
I have always hated making lasagna because of the noodles. Boiling them, then burning my fingers while laying them out in the dish, hoping they don't rip in the meantime. I never make lasagna.
This has got to be the easiest way to do it!

Sauce Ingredients
1 lb Hamburger - Browned
1 Tsp. Dehydrated Onion
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
1 Tsp. Garlic Salt
1 1/2 Tsp. Basil
1 6oz. Can Tomato Paste
1 14oz. Can Tomato Sauce
4 Cups Water

Put it all together in a big pot and simmer for 10 minutes (or so). Using a 9x13 pan start layering.
1 1/2 Cups Sauce on the bottom of the pan
Layer UNCOOKED noodles across the pan
Sauce to cover 
Cheese (any type you want, I used Tex Mex, but Cottage Cheese, Ricotta, Mozza etc. would work)
More UNCOOKED noodles
Sauce
Cheese
ETC. ETC. until your pan is full, ending with cheese.

Cover with foil and cook at 350 F for 1 Hour, then remove foil and cook another 20 minutes. 


The sauce will appear very watery, that's good since the noodles will suck it all up! I used 3 of the tin 'lasagna pans' (the disposable ones), since I'm giving away 2 of them. They weren't very deep, so a double batch of the sauce above filled them all. I made the sauce last night after the kids went to bed, and put everything together this morning. I had 3 lasagnas made before 9am!

Good Idea from Jen: Make up a bunch of sauce, and freeze just the sauce in batches (You know your pan and how many layers it takes. Plan on about 1.5 cups of sauce per layer and then add an extra 1/2 - 1 cup just to make sure!). Takes up less space in the freezer and you can always have fresh lasagna anytime with very minimal work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!