Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Smoothies!!

Mmmm smoothies! So yummy, cool, refreshing and yes, healthy! My 1 year old has decided she is a smoothie lover so I have been throwing them together a little more often. Really you can throw any type of fruit in, pretty much any quantity you want and add extras to it, but if you like to have a recipe to follow, this is one that I have concocted that we like :)



Ingredients

2 Bananas

2/3 Cup Blueberries

1 Cup Mixed Frozen Fruit (mine had melons, grapes, strawberries, mangos etc. in it)

1 Cup Coconut Milk (I used canned)

1 Cup Plain Yogurt

1 Cup Milk

1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed (optional)

1/4 Cup Whey Powder  (optional)



My blender isn't the best,  so I blend a bit after every addition, and I had to thaw my frozen fruit first, but it turned out yummy! If you don't like bits in your smoothie then I suggest you leave out the flax, but it does add a lot of health benefits! If you think it's too thick, just add some extra milk and re-blend.



It's like a tropical smoothie. You can taste the coconut, but it's not overpowering, you can taste the banana but it's not a 'banana smoothie'. All the flavours flow together and compliment each other nicely!



Bottoms up!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!