Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fresh Salsa


My garden is producing! Very exciting except I need to use lots of cherry tomatoes! The ones I planted produce small yellow tomatoes first then medium orange ones then large (relatively speaking since they are cherry tomatoes!) red ones. Right now I have lots of yellow and a few orange. They are wonderfully sweet!

I threw together a salsa tonight and even my veggie-loathing hubby said it was good :) Only problem is I put red pepper flakes in not realizing how spicy they were and made it too spicy for me to eat more then a couple of bites!

This makes enough for 1-2 servings.
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Medium Green Pepper
Seasonings to taste: Onion powder, granulated garlic and red pepper flakes.
A small amount of water to let the spices mix.
Chop your veggies small and add spices, lemon and water. Let sit in the fridge for about an hour to ensure a crispy flavourful taste.

I served it over chicken breasts cooked in vinegar and water (cayenne, onion powder & garlic powder to taste) on the stove top. A delicious combination!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!