Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Butter











 Mmm I want some just writing about it!!
I bought 2 large pumpkins after Halloween for 50 cents each. So far Ive cooked and pureed one and turned it all into Pumpkin Butter :)
Tasty mixed with plain or greek yogurt or on toast or a cream cheese pumpkin butter sandwich! 

This is another recipe/craft I get to move to my 'I have made' board on Pinterest :)

I made 4 times the recipe below...yes it's that good!

Ingredients
15oz. Canned Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling) or 15oz. Fresh cooked/pureed Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup 100% Apple Juice (No added sugar)
1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Ginger
1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp. Cloves

Mix it all together in your crockpot. Cook on low until it thickens...about 2-5 hours depending on your crockpot. Mine took about 2 hours. I made 2 double batches. Delicious and my house smelled amazing!

This is quite a 'spiced' Pumpkin Butter so if you think it might be too strong cut the spices in half and remember the rule: "You can always add more later, but you can't take away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!