Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sweet & Sour Baked Chicken

This was sooo tasty and moist I was amazed. And it honestly takes a lot for me to be amazed at supper!
This is gluten free (yay!) and my first attempt at breading without flour.

Ingredients

2 Large or 3 Medium Boneless Chicken Breasts

Breading
1-2 Cups Cornstarch
2-3 Eggs, Beaten
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
Salt & Pepper

Sweet & Sour Sauce
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp. Ketchup
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce (If going GF make sure your soy sauce is GF!)
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder/Salt

Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a frying pan over medium heat (add more as needed). Cut the chicken into nugget size pieces and coat in corn starch. Then dip in beaten eggs. Place into hot oil and fry until slightly brown but not cooked through. Remove from pan and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 325°F as you do this. When they are all browned and in the pan pour the sauce over top and turn to coat.
Bake for one hour turning chicken every 15 minutes.
Goes deliciously with fried rice...recipe to follow!

I meant to take pictures but I was so hungry and it smelled so good that I totally forgot. Just envision deliciousness and thats what it looked like :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog,
    This is great article ,thanks for sharing this recipe.Its really nice article .This is my favorite recipe....Gluten Free Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!