Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Eggs

It's hard for me to admit but until just a couple weeks ago I couldnt boil eggs properly. Its sad but true :(
Everytime I tried the shells would crack the eggs would turn out runny and the few times they were even considered edible there was always a nasty grey film around the yolk.
FINALLY I found a method that works. Im going to share that just in case there are any other closet egg failures out there!
Bring eggs to room temperature. Put in a pot and fill with lukewarm/cold water. Bring to a boil. As soon as a rolling boil starts remove from heat put the lid on and let sit for 17 minutes. After 17 minutes move the eggs to a bowl of very cold/ice water. Once they have cooled down remove and eat or store in the fridge.
The cold water prevents internal cooking from happening. Apparently thats what the nasty grey is! Placing them in cold water also causes steam to build up between the egg and shell and they are SO easy to peel.
So there you have it...my little secret. I finally feel unstoppable in the kitchen now!
I can boil an egg!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!