Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ice Cream - Banana Cherry












I made ice cream yesterday. No ice cream maker. And then I let both my kids have a huge helping for snack time. No I'm not crazy...its healthy!! And they loved every drop of it!
Its also very easy. The hardest part is believing its going to work and not blow up your food processor/blender  :)

Cherry Banana Ice Cream
 Ingredients
2-3 Chopped Frozen Bananas
Handful of Frozen Cherries
Milk (I used homemade rice milk, but any type will do!)


Put it all into your blender/food processor and process until ice cream forms. Add milk as needed. It will seem like it's not going to work and then suddenly you will have ice cream! 

The cone picture above is definitely soft serve but my kids were too impatient to wait for it to harden in the freezer. If you want scoopable ice cream freeze it for 30 minutes when you are done mixing. I got called out so I never got a chance to see what it would be like. I put the rest in the freezer and now it's a solid block, but I think I should be able to chop it up and put it back into the food processor and soften it up again...hopefully because it was super tasty!!


I think next time I will put the cherries in towards the end to have more of a cherry chunk ice cream. You could also add any type of frozen fruit that you wanted, or banana walnut is also fabulous!

When your bananas are getting too ripe on the counter, break them into pieces and freeze them in freezer bags/containers. They are great for making this ice cream, to add to smoothies or to thaw and make banana bread later! Very versatile and breaking them up before hand makes it easier on your blender/food processor :) and if you need them mashed later, they thaw quicker!

2 comments:

  1. I do that with my handy Bamix. Its super easy when everyone wants a sweet treat(which around here is ALWAYS,hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, and so easy! I love how you include photos with your posts. Hehe gotta get rid of those cherries!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!